Oak Ridge Thermal Diffusion Plant is a DOE facility for 1944-1952 so workers are eligible to fil for Part B and Part E claims.
There is a Special Exposure Cohort which covers all workers with specific cancers and at least 250 days of employment from July 9, 1944 through 1951.
The S-50 Plant at Oak Ridge was constructed in 1944 to enrich uranium feed material for the Y-12 electromagnetic facility using a liquid thermal diffusion process. The process was originally developed at the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC, and tested on a pilot plant level at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. Located near the K-25 gaseous diffusion facility, the S-50 Plant operated for a limited period during 1944-1945. The plant was closed in September 1945 because the thermal diffusion process was not as efficient as the gaseous diffusion.
The S-50 plant was reopened in 1946 as part of the joint Air Force/AEC project to investigate the possibility of developing a nuclear-powered airplane. This project, known as Nuclear Energy for the Propulsion of Aircraft (NEPA), was housed at S-50 and the contractor was the Fairchild Engine and Aircraft Corporation. Fairchild's NEPA Division at S-50 conducted a number of experiments involving beryllium powder during the time period 1946-1951.
The S-50 Plant at Oak Ridge was constructed in 1944 to enrich uranium feed material for the Y-12 electromagnetic facility using a liquid thermal diffusion process. Oak Ridge Thermal Diffusion Plant was one of three Manhattan Project uranium enrichment plants and was located at the Clinton Engineer Works in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. It was adjacent to the K-25 plant. It began operation on September 16, 1944 and was shut down on September 9, 1945.
NIOSH lists statistics for S-50's dose reconstructions. NIOSH has a webpage on Oak Ridge Facilities. NIOSH has developed technical basis documents for S-50 and has information on S-50's Special Exposure Cohorts.