Idaho National Lab
INL is a DOE facility from 1949 to the present so workers are eligible to file Part B and Part E claims.
In 1949, the Atomic Energy Commission established the National Reactor Testing Station on the site of a 1940s United States Navy bombing and artillery range. Today, this site is known as the Idaho National Laboratory (INL). This was the primary nuclear reactor development laboratory in the United States. Over 100 reactor concepts were conceived and tested here. Between 1953 and 1992, the Idaho Chemical Processing Plant (ICPP) at INL reprocessed spent nuclear fuel from naval propulsion, test, and research reactors to recover enriched uranium for reuse in nuclear weapons production. Other facilities at INL also conducted various nuclear weapons research and development activities.
On February 1, 2005 the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory and Argonne National Laboratory-West became the Idaho National Laboratory. The INL mission is to continue as a National Laboratory, developing and demonstrating compelling national security technologies, and delivering excellence in science and technology. Also at this time, the Idaho Completion Project (ICP) was formed to remediate the site, including the disposition of reactor and non-reactor nuclear facilities.
Throughout the course of its operations, the potential for beryllium exposure existed at this site, due to beryllium use, residual contamination, and decontamination activities.
Alliance. LLC (BEA) 2005-forward
Bechtel BWXT Idaho,
Lockheed Martin Idaho
Technologies Company (1994-1999)
EG&G Idaho (1976-1994)
CH2M-WG Idaho (CWI)(2005-2012)
NIOSH provides dose reconstruction statistics for INL.
OthersWikipedia has a webpage on INL.
- INL Combines Layoffs with Sequestration
- Program Helps with Medical Compensation for Nuclear Workers