CH Schnorr is an AWE facility from 1943-1993 and a DOE facility for 1994 so workers are eligible to file Part B claims for the AWE years and both Part B and Part E claims for the DOE year.
In 1943, C.H. Schnorr & Company began providing metal fabrication services in support of Manhattan Engineer District (MED) operations. C.H. Schnorr machined extruded uranium for the Hanford Pile Project. Operations may have continued until 1951 when the building was sold.
Although this site was designated for the Formerly Utilized Site Remediation Action Program (FUSRAP) in 1992, the only year in which remediation work was performed was 1994.
During the period of residual contamination, as designated by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and as noted in the dates above, employees of subsequent owners and operators of this facility are also covered under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
DOE lists CH Schnorr as a covered EEOICPA facility.
DOL provides Part B and Part E statistics on CH Schnorr but no Site Exposure Matrix.
NIOSH lists statistics for CH Schnorr dose reconstructions.
The Wall Street Journal's Waste Lands series provides information on CH Schnorr.