Brush Beryllium Loraine
The Loraine Brush Beryllium site is a beryllium vendor facility for 1943-1948 so workers are eligible to file Part B claims.
The Lorain plant produced beryllium metal and beryllium oxide for the MED and the AEC. The plant was destroyed by fire in 1948.
Due to Brush Wellman’s status as a statutory beryllium vendor, all employees of Brush Wellman in the U. S., regardless of location, are covered for the entire period for which Brush Wellman and its predecessors supplied beryllium to the U. S. Department of Energy or its predecessor agencies. That period is defined as August 13, 1943 and continuing.
Additionally, on March 8, 2011 the corporate name of Brush Wellman, Inc. changed to Materion Brush, Inc.
DOE Legacy Management has a webpage on FUSRAP consideration of Brush Beryllium Loraine.
DOL lists statistics for Brush Beryllium Loraine Part B beryllium claims.
The Wall Street Journal Waste Land series provides information on Brush Beryllium in Lorain.
Brush Beryllium Loraine Documents