Brush Beryllium Elmore
Brush Beryllium Elmore Site is classified as a Be site for 1957-2001 so workers are eligible under Part B for beryllium compensation.
Brush Beryllium plant in Elmore, OH, was built in 1953. It began producing beryllium for the AEC in 1957 after operations at the Brush Luckey, OH, facility ended. (Prior to 1957 it produced beryllium for the commercial market only.) The plant supplied beryllium to the Y-12 plant in 1990 and Brush purchase orders show that shipments from its Elmore location continued to Los Alamos and Sandia through April 2001.
Due to Brush Wellman’s status as a statutory beryllium vendor, all employees of Brush Wellman in the U. S., regardless of location, are covered for the entire period for which Brush Wellman and its predecessors supplied beryllium to the U. S. Department of Energy or its predecessor agencies. That period is defined as August 13, 1943 and continuing.
Additionally, on March 8, 2011 the corporate name of Brush Wellman, Inc. changed to Materion Brush, Inc.
DOE Legacy Management has a Brush Beryllium Elmore webpage.
DOL lists Part B statistics for Brush Beryllium Elmore.
The Wall Street Journal Waste Lands series provides information on Brush Beryllium Elmore.
Brush Beryllium Elmore Documents