Ledoux and Company
Ledoux was an AWE covered facility for 1946-uncertain date but is no longer covered because it was determined no radioactivity was on the site.Ledoux and Company's work with uranium and nuclear materials began during the 1930's when the company first developed methods of analysis for uranium bearing substances. From 1946 to 1955, Ledoux and Company provided personnel who assayed uranium ore at the Mallinckrodt Chemical Works in St. Louis. By 1948, Ledoux was also providing personnel to perform assaying work at the Middlesex Sampling Plant,which probably continued until 1955.
Ledoux and Company appears on Fernald's shipping and receipt reports for enriched uranium in 1986.
Today Ledoux and Company represents many fuel fabricators at enrichment facilities offering surveillance, sampling, and analytical services at our Teaneck, New Jersey laboratory. Ledoux and Company performs sampling, weighing, and analysis of all forms of nuclear materials from geological samples to enriched and depleted UF6. Ledoux and Company has obtained licenses from Nuclear Regulatory Commission to handle Special Nuclear Materials, Source Material, and By-Products.
DOL delisted Frankford Arsenal on August 23, 2004..