Haist is a DOE facility for June 25, 1943 to 1948 so workers are eligible to file for Part B and Part E claims.
In late June 1943, the Manhattan Engineer District (MED) leased the Haist Property (now known as the Ashland #1 site) for the storage of waste residues produced during uranium-ore processing at the nearby Linde Air Products facility. The MED then purchased the property in August 1944 for continued use by Linde. After the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) no longer needed the property, it was excessed to the General Services Administration, which controlled the site from 1949 through 1960. In 1960, Ashland Oil Company acquired the property. Although the property was designated for inclusion in the Formerly Utilized Site Remedial Action Program in 1984, no remediation occurred prior to its transfer to the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.
DOE lists Haist as a covered EEOICPA facility.
Linde Air Products (June 28, 1943 – 1946)
DOL provides Part B and statistics for Haist.
NIOSH lists statistics for Haist dose reconstructions.