South Albuquerque Works
South Albuquerque Works, located in the South Valley of Albuquerque, is a DOE facility from 1951-1967 so claimants are eligible to file Part B and Part E claims.
The AEC owned the South Albuquerque Works from 1951-1967 and used it to produce weapons components. It was opened in anticipation of the 1952 closing of the Buffalo Works. American Car and Foundry was part of the Buffalo operation and also operated the South Albuquerque Works for the AEC.
DOE lists South Albuquerque as a covered EEOICPA facility.
American Car and Foundry, Inc. (1951-1967)
NIOSH has done dose reconstructions on South Albuquerque Works workers, but no technical basis documents have been done and there is no Special Exposure Cohort.