Weldon Spring Quarry
Weldon Spring is a DOE facility from 1958-October 2002 so workers are eligible to file for Part B and Part E claims.
In 1958, the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) acquired title from the U.S. Department of the Army (Army) to an inactive quarry that had been on the Weldon Springs Ordnance Works land. The quarry was used by the AEC as a dumping ground for chemical and radiological waste products, including the demolished Destrehan Street Plant in St. Louis.
Surface decontamination of the quarry was completed in October 2002.
DOE lists Weldon Spring Quarry as a covered EEOICPA facility.
DOL provides Part B and Part E statistics on the Weldon Spring Quarry but has no Site Exposure Matrix for Weldon Spring.
NIOSH lists statistics for Weldon Spring Quarry dose reconstructions.