Iowa Ordnance Plant
Iowa Ordnance Plat is a DOE site from 1947-1974 so workers are eligible to file for both Part B and Part E compensation.
There are three Special Exposure Cohorts in place at Iowa Ordnance Plant.
The Iowa Ordnance Plant (IOP), also known as the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant (IAAP), is a load, assemble, and pack munitions facility that began production in 1941 and continues to operate as a Government-owned, contractor-operated installation. Between 1947 and 1974, a portion of the IAAP was operated under contract to the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) for the purpose of supplying the AEC with explosive components for nuclear weapons. The area of the IOP that performed work for the AEC includes the buildings and property/grounds of the IAAP that is identified as Line 1, as well as Yards C, G and L and the Firing Site Area, Burning Field "B" and the storage sites for pits and weapons, including Buildings 73 and 77. Work performed in these areas is covered under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act. In 1974, the AEC closed out its activities at the plant and transferred all functions to the Pantex Plant.
Throughout the course of its operations, the potential for beryllium exposure existed at this site, due to beryllium use, residual contamination, and decontamination activities.
Legacy Management considered Iowa Ordnance Plant for FUSRAP.
Mason and Hanger-Silas Mason Company (1947-1974)
NIOSH has Technical Basis Documents on the Iowa Ordnance site. There are two Special Exposure Cohort (SEC) in place for Iowa Ordnance Plant. NIOSH has done numerous dose reconstructions for Iowa Ordnance.
Wikipedia has an Iowa Ordnance Plant webpage.