National Guard Armory
National Guard Armory is an AWE facility from 1942-1986 and a DOE site for 1987 so workers are eligible to file Part B claims for the AWE years and both Part B and Part E claims for 1987.
In the 1940s, the Manhattan Project leased the National Guard Armory from the State of Illinois for uranium processing and radioactive material storage. In 1951, the site was returned to the State of Illinois.
Although this site was designated as part of the Formerly Utilized Site Remediation Action Program (FUSRAP) in 1985, the only year in which remediation work took place was 1987.
During the period of residual contamination, as designated by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and as noted in the dates above, employees of subsequent owners and operators of this facility are also covered under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
Alternative NameWashington Guard Armory
DOE lists National Guard Armory as a covered EEOICPA facility.
NIOSH provides dose reconstruction statistics for National Guard Armory.