Allied Chemical is an AWE facility from 1959-March 1, 2011 so workers are eligible to file Part B claims.
A Special Exposure Cohort exists for all workers with specific cancers and 250 days employment from January 1, 1959-December 31, 1976.
After World War II, many companies working for the United States Government produced UF6 feed for uranium enrichment and diffusion plants. The Allied Plant in Metropolis, IL was completed and initial deliveries began sometime in 1959. In 1962, several feed plants were shut down and the privately-owned Allied Chemical Company Plant in Metropolis, IL, took over the conversion of U3O8 to UF6. This plant produced approximately five thousand tons of uranium hexafluoride feed for the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant per year. It was shut down in 1964. Though it later reopened, it is not clear that any material after this date was used in the Atomic Weapons Production Process.
During the period of residual contamination, as designated by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and as noted in the dates above, employees of subsequent owners and operators of this facility are also covered under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
DOE lists Allied Chemical as a covered EEOICPA facility.
DOL provides Part B statistics on Allied Chemical.
NIOSH provides dose reconstruction statistics for Allied Chemical.