International Minerals and Chemical
International Minerals and Chemical is an AWE facility from 1951-March 1, 2011 so workers are eligible to file for Part B claims.
International Minerals and Chemical Corp. produced uranium as a byproduct of the recovery of phosphate chemicals and fertilizers. The 1951, AEC contracted with International Minerals and Chemical Corp. for the recovery of uranium, which was ultimately used for the production of weapons. The original production plant was shut down in 1959. Starting in 1954, the uranium recovery unit was located at the Bonnie Plant. In 1955, it switched to the phosphoric acid process. International Minerals and Chemical Corp. became Central Farmers (now C.F.) Industries; in 1969, C.F. Industries became C.F. Chemicals, Bartow Phosphate Works. The phosphoric process was shut down in 1961.
During the period of residual contamination, as designated by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and as noted in the dates above, employees of subsequent owners and operators of this facility are also covered under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
DOE's Legacy Management has a webpage on International Minerals and Chemical in Mulberry as it was considered for FUSRAP.
NIOSH provides dose reconstruction statistics for General Atomics.