Sandia Laboratory Salton Sea Base
Sandia Salton Sea Base is a DOE facility from 1946-1961 so workers are eligible to file both Part B and Part E claims.
The Salton Sea Test Base was used for a variety of activities such as military training and weapons research, development, testing, and evaluation. The base was used by numerous tenant and non-tenant military commands as well as by research divisions of government agencies and private companies working on government projects. The site was established in 1942 as an operational base for seaplanes during World War II. Later, the Atomic Energy Commission renovated and expanded the base for aerodynamic testing of weapons-delivery vehicles. From 1946 to 1961, Sandia National Laboratory operated a testing program at the site. The remoteness of the area was ideal for training and other operations. It is unclear from the documentation whether this testing work involved the use of radioactive materials.
The site (now closed) is being remediated by the Corps of Engineers under the auspices of the Department of the Navy.
DOE lists Sandia Laboratory Salto Sea Base as a covered EEOICPA facility.
DOL provides Part B and Part E statistics on Sandia Labs Salton Sea Base as well as exposure information from their Site Exposure Matrix.
NIOSH provides dose reconstruction statistics for Sandia Salton Sea.