General Electric Vallecitos
GE Vallecitos is an AWE facility from 1958-1997 and a DOE facility from 1998-June 7, 2010 so workers are eligible to file Part B claims.
In 1958, General Electric constructed four hot cells for postirradiation examination of uranium fuel and irradiated reactor components. The U.S. Government's involvement (through the Atomic Energy Commission and later, the Department of Energy) was limited to a single hot cell, Hot Cell No. 4. Between 1965 and 1967, Hot Cell No. 4 was decontaminated, equipped with a stainless steel liner to contain plutonium, and dedicated to the study of mixed oxide fuel rods in support of the Atomic Energy Commission's fast breeder reactor development programs. In 1978, Hot Cell No. 4 was placed on standby; it was used by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory for six months in 1981 and 1982.
During the period of residual contamination, as designated by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and as noted in the dates above, employees of subsequent owners and operators of this facility are also covered under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
DOE's Legacy Management has a webpage on General Electric Vallecitos.
DOL provides Part B and Part E statistics on the GE Vallecitos as well as exposure information from their Site Exposure Matrix on General Electric Vallecitos.
NIOSH provides dose reconstruction statistics on General Electric Vallecitos.