Downey is a DOE facility for 1948-1955 so workers are eligible to file both Part B and Part E claims.
Downey has a Special Exposure Cohort for all workers who had specific cancers and who were employed at least 250 days between January 1, 1949-December 31, 1955.
Under an operating contract with the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC), North American Aviation operated a 2 MeV Van De Graaff accelerator at Downey. In addition, the AEC funded a four-watt Water Boiler Neutron Source Reactor at the Downey facility. Start up for the reactor was in April of 1952. This small research reactor was moved to Area IV of the Santa Susana Field Laboratory in 1955. Personnel and operations from Downey moved to the new Canoga Avenue facility in late 1955. Effective remediation of the Downey facility was accomplished at that time. In 2000, The Boeing Company performed a survey verifying that the prior remediation met current Nuclear Regulatory Commission and State of California requirements. Ownership of the Downey facility was then transferred to the City of Downey.
DOE lists Downey as a covered EEOICPA facility.
North American Aviation 1948-1955
DOL provides Part B and Part E statistics on the Downey Facility as well as exposure information from their Site Exposure Matrix.